On Wednesday Chris and Karen kidnapped the two UNL interns (James and Matt) and all four headed west to Chadron State College where James was scheduled to be the speaker at the weekly meeting.
There were a couple of new people at Cru last night that came to know the Lord last night after our meeting. Praise God! I'm so greatfull for the message James gave and for all of you coming and being a part of it.
Last night there was a new freshman guy come who is on the football team, we talked to him tonight at our leadership meeting. He sounds like he is on fire for God; but I think he has just been needing a place to get plugged into to be able to make a difference. I'm going to try to meet with him within the next few days and talk to him about how we can help him start a movement within the football team. Athletes is a group that we currently aren't reaching, so that is a great opportunity to reach a new pocket of people.
My new movement that I got started at Cru last night is meeting Monday night, so I'm super pumped about that. It's kinda amazing that these two guys had been at Cru all semester and heard me talk about launching movements all the time and never did anything, but the second I asked them to do it with me, they jumped right in are are pumped about it. I used that at our leadership meeting to point out that importance of asking people do stuff with you, not just getting up and preaching at them to do it. That is a lesson that has been hard for me to learn!
Going around campus talking to people this morning was awesome. At first I was a little skeptical of the Soularium thing, but it really seemed to work well. I'm going to order a few; and I guess Karen gave one to a girl and she is really excited about using it. One on one evangelism is not my strong point right now, so I would appreciate your prayers for that.
Of course on the way home the four interns had to stop by and visit the only critically acclaimed western Nebraska tourist destination : Carhenge. Yep, it's a bunch of cars in the ground put together to look like Stonehenge: there is no place like Nebraska.
-Ethan

No comments:
Post a Comment