I’m always a little apprehensive when speaking to a high school audience because they are all so different and at such varying levels of maturity- it makes for a very difficult ‘audience profile’. I trust that the Lord’s message was delivered, and I’m excited about some of the steps that students made on their spiritual journey.

It was a blast! Skiing was fantastic, and the first time that I actually “got it”. Terah has been a fairly proficient skier for several years now, thus it’s nice to finally keep up with her on the slopes! An old friend of mine, Shawn Kliewer, (pictured) works for YFC so it was awesome to catch up and see what a great job he’s doing with his ministry; many, many, laughs.
Youth for Christ hooked up with a new (5 years old) ministry called Sportreach for the weekend, and handed all the details of lodging, skiing, meals, etc. over to the Sportreach staff who, in turn, did a fantastic job.
One of the personal highlights for me was to meet and get acquainted with the YfC and Sportreach staff. I had forgotten just how much energy those high school students have: they went skiing, stayed up all night, danced, went swimming, played at the rec. center, and they were still wide awake! Long after I was all used up, these staffers were right there with ‘em; they handled the problems well, and transitioned seamlessly from one event to the next…I don’t think I could do what they do.

Break-dancing is back in. Who’d a thunk it? These guys spent hours “battling” on the wood floors at the lodge: too many bumps and bruises to count.
-Ethan

No comments:
Post a Comment